Wednesday 17 April 2013

Umno woman upset

Action Barisan Nasional (BN) not put top leaders of Umno and BN Women as candidates in the General Election-13 (13GE) disappointing and considered an affront to women, said Wanita Umno deputy chief Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim.

According to him, it shows BN not give due recognition to women leaders who are in the top hierarchy of women's organizations to jointly contest the leadership ranks at 13GE.

He, who is also Umno Wanita chief Magelang, said he as number two in the women's movement Umno and BN should be given the opportunity to compete in Parliament that could be involved as decision makers and politicians.

"The actions of the BN leadership surprised me and other women. I was disappointed because there was no proper recognition is given to the leader of Umno and BN Women represent around women Umno and BN, "he told The Star.

Kamilia said Wanita Umno heads of state are not given a place in the 13GE, including in Kedah, Johor and Terengganu, including MCA vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen.

"We have done a lot, but not given a place. Does not recognize the leadership of our qualifications are. Most of our professionals, "he said.

"The party leadership do not assume women do not mind the nominations were announced recently. Do not think women do not have feelings, "he said.

Kamilia, a lawyer, said that, in fact, women do work hard to help the party in the last three years.

He, however, said to be "all-out struggle 'although not selected in the final seconds.

"If the request is not granted, women have various other options because I struggle guided the nation, religion and race. If the door is not open to me, I will fight for the other spot.

"Door closed, there may be other door whether I will break or make your own. I might consider other options because I do not have to struggle ended in this stage, "he said.

He also did not deny it, the average woman in the country to question the candidates appear.

"I will challenge the way to the end to protest because I feel this is unfair. So far I have patience, I struggled along for six terms and through six elections.

"Wait and see, I do not threaten, but I'm waiting for the results of the party.

"I will fight and not give up. The world is wide, must continue to fight for their race, religion and country. Up what will be interpreted, "he said when asked whether he would be an independent candidate if not nominated by BN in the 13th GE.

Kamilia tipped to contest in Kuala Kangsar MP, but on Tuesday, Perak BN chairman Datuk Seri Dr Zambry Abd Kadir announced Bukit Chandan assemblyman Datuk Wan Mohamad Khairul Anuar Wan Ahmad is running for Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment